Access Statement For Grassington Lodge Guest House
Grassington Lodge is 10 bedroom guest house located in a quiet setting close to the centre of Grassington. Built in 1898 there are some features which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. The guest house is accessed by climbing 3 steps to the front door. We have 1 room only on ground level, 7 rooms at first-floor level and 2 rooms at second-floor level. None of the rooms are suitable for wheelchair access.
Lying on the edge of the River Wharfe in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Grassington is a picturesque village with a cobbled square and quaint streets. The village offers a good mix of interesting shops and restaurants along with several fine old pubs which serve a good selection of Yorkshire brewed ales and excellent food.
Grassington Lodge is an ideal base from which to explore the breathtaking and dramatic scenery (featured in the film Calendar Girls) on foot, cycle or by car. Within half an hour lie Harrogate, Ilkley and Haworth's "Bronte Country" with the market town of Skipton just 15 minutes away.
• Located approximately 100yds from the centre of Grassington
• Public transport by bus is available but the closest rail station is Skipton which is approximately 9 miles away
• The nearest shops are within 100 yards
• Taxi services are available from Skipton but it is essential to check out the prices first as it can be a costly option
• Our website www.grassingtonlodge.co.uk provides pictures of some of our rooms and tariffs
• We do not have a brochure as the internet has become our most effective way of advertising
• We can be contacted by telephone or email. Please see the 'Contact Information' section of this document for details.
• Children over 12 years of age are welcome
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• It is always useful for us to know your estimated time of arrival
• Our preferred check-in times are either before 1pm or after 4:30pm. We cannot guarantee your room will be ready before 1pm but you can park the car, leave luggage and collect your key
• Parking is at the side of the house, close to the front door which gives access to the property
• There is a parking space for each of our 10 bedrooms but this relies on our guests parking within the defined parking bays
• We offer assistance with luggage
Main Entrance & Reception
• There are three steps up to the front door
• A hand rail is not currently fitted but there are plans to fit
Public Areas - General (Internal)
• The ground floor has wood flooring but stairs and landings are carpeted
• The Suite and the ground floor bedroom - Room 9 - have wood floors fitted
• There are two steps down into one lounge area. The other lounge area with fire has no steps to negotiate
• The guest house is centrally heated throughout and temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements
Public Areas - WC
• Each bedroom has its own WC facilities but there are no WC facilities for public use.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Lounges, Take Away & Cafe
• There are two sitting rooms/lounge areas available to guests, one with a flat screen TV and DVD player, the other without TV where a fire is lit on winter evenings
• Guests are welcome to use either of the lounges at any time
• Both lounges have wood floorings
• A selection of local information is available in the lounge
• The dining room has a wood floor with tables for 2 that may be joined together for larger groups
• Depending on the workload of the housekeepers, a laundry service can be provided at Â£5 per load. This includes careful folding but not ironing.
• An iron and ironing board can be provided on request
• Not Available
• Not Available
• Not Available
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
• Not Available
• We do not accommodate pets.
• All bedrooms have a well-stocked hospitality tray, including wine glasses and cork screw so that guests may provide their own drinks.
• Most bedrooms have one easy chair or more.
• All bedrooms have TV's (some flat screens) and DVD players
• Feather and Down duvets and pillows are provided as standard but non-feather can be provided with advance notice
• Bedroom 1 - located on the first-floor with 13 steps to reach. The bed can be a 6' king-size or split to give 2 x 3' twin beds. The en-suite bathroom comprises, shower, washbasin and wc. This room has a fridge.
• Bedroom 2 located on the first-floor with 13 steps to reach. The bed is a standard 4'6" wide double bed. The en-suite bathroom comprises, shower, washbasin and wc.
• Bedroom 3 located on the first-floor with 13 steps to reach. The bed is a king size 5'0" wide double bed. The en-suite bathroom comprises, shower, washbasin and wc.
• Bedroom 4 located on the first-floor with 13 steps to reach. The bed is a standard 4'6" wide double bed. The en-suite bathroom comprises, shower, washbasin and wc.
• Bedroom 5 located on the first-floor with 13 steps to reach. The bed is a standard 4'6" wide double bed. The en-suite bathroom comprises, shower, washbasin and wc.
• Bedroom 6 located on the first-floor with 13 steps to reach and two steps down to the bedroom. The bed is a 5'0" king-size bed. The private bathroom can be reached from the bedroom by 2 steps up. The private bathroom comprises bath with shower over, washbasin and wc.
• Bedroom 7 located on the second-floor. The bed can be a 6' king-size or split to give 2 x 3' twin beds. This room has a fridge. The en-suite comprises, bath, washbasin and wc.
• Bedroom 8 located on the second-floor. The bed can be a 6' king-size or split to give 2 x 3' twin beds. This room has a fridge. The en-suite bathroom comprises, shower, washbasin and wc.
• Bedroom 9 located on the ground floor. This room has wooden flooring. The bed is a 5'0" king-size. This room has a fridge. The en-suite bathroom comprises, shower, washbasin and wc and is accessed by one step down from the bedroom. There is a grip rail on the left-hand side from the bedroom to provide assistance down to the bathroom.
• The Suite the bedroom is located on the first floor with a private lounge area and bathroom situated above the bedroom and accessed by 6 steps. This room has wood flooring throughout and a 5'0" sleigh bed. The room has a fridge. The bathroom comprises bath, shower washbasin and wc.
• 9 bedrooms have en-suite facilities, 7 rooms with showers only, 1 room with bath only and 1 room (The Suite) with bath and shower
• 1 bedroom (Room 6) has a private bathroom located next door to the bedroom, but not inter-connected. The private bathroom has a bath with shower over it.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
• All bathrooms have either ceramic tiling or 'tiling-look' floor coverings.
Grounds and Gardens
• A patio area with tables and chairs is provided adjacent to the car park. During the summer months, tables and chairs are available at the front of the house.
• Not Available
• Address: Wood Lane, Grassington, North Yorkshire BD23 5LU
• Telephone: 01756-752518 - this may divert to a mobile phone
• Email: email@example.com
• Website: www.grassingtonlodge.co.uk
• Hours of operation: Open all year.
• Emergency number: 07889-430988